pray. - Creativity Workshop: Hobby, Job, Career, Vocation

Write down all the things you do on a daily basis. 

Weekdays
Teach, teach, teach
Exercise
Spend time with Matt and our dogs
Go to dinner with friends/spend time with friends
Read
Write
Take online behavior classes
Write resumes

Weekends
Long run Saturdays/Races
Clean
Hike
Weekend trips whenever possible
Read
Write
Yard work
Eat
Go to the farmers market & out to breakfast
House improvement projects
Spend time with Matt and our dogs
Arbonne
Take online behavior classes

What are more activities you wish you could do more of that may not be on your existing list?

Volunteer work
Travel
Hike more and write more
Rock climb

Categorize your lists into: Hobby, Job, Career, Vocation


Hobby
Job
Career
Vocation
Run
Hike
Spend time with family/friends
Read
Travel
Yard work
Self improvement classes
Clean
Teach
Writing resumes
Arbonne
Teach
Volunteer work/advocating for other's rights
Writing

Is it feasible to move any of your hobbies toward the career category? What will that take? What risks and rewards will be involved?
  • I moved teaching to career/job. I’m currently teetering on the ledge of whether or not I consider it a job or career.
  • At one point in my life, writing was a job. I worked for a small town newspaper, and I loved meeting new people and writing feature stories, but I didn’t have a feeling of fulfillment. Now, I’m blogging for a hobby, and I love it. I look forward to the days that I have time to blog. It isn’t only therapeutic - it provides another way to help others.
  • What can I say? I will always fight for the underdog and what I feel is morally right.

If it is necessary to keep your day job, are there ways to carve out adequate time to pursue your creative hobbies on the side? What trade offs might that require?
  • It is necessary to keep my day job - gotta pay those bills. But, I have started carving out adequate time to pursue my creative hobby of writing. I finally started a blog. I’m taking this class. I’m interested in finding other classes and writers to socialize and brainstorm with.
  • Trade offs: less time with husband; learning to balance life

What is your vocation? What do you need to keep making time for it in your life even if no one will ever pay you for it or you will never earn wide acclaim or recognition for it?

  • I allow other things like my job/career to consume my life, and I have to learn what and when to let things go.
  • I’m a fighter. I need to figure out the best way to entertain that side of myself in order to make the biggest difference. My heart feels most whole when I know I’m doing something positive for mankind.
  • Deep inside, I feel I have stories to tell. I feel like telling those stories would not only heal my heart but possibly help guide others to healing as well. I need courage to be rawly honest and personal for this to happen. I’d have to expose my deepest hidden emotions.

Comments

Most Popular Posts

teach. pray. - Dear Betsy DeVos

pray. - Forgiveness

run. pray. - Grieve & Then Soar